Love watching these little guys go about their business on an oily flat day. These ones feeding in a tide line a mile off the Ninepin in the Bay of Islands. Knick-named JC birds because they literally appear to walk on water. Those XOS webbed feet giving just enough hang time to dip their bill to feed on krill and small fish. As soon as they bounce/flit off the surface the flippers fold up perfectly, whoever did that design work take a bow.
Read this beautiful translation: "Takahi - in this context would mean to trample, tread or travel, kare - ripples or the surface of the ocean, moana - sea/ocean I’d interpret their name as meaning that which walks or travels on the ripples of the ocean“
- A3 including postage within New Zealand - $235.00
- A3 including postage overseas - $285.00
- A2 including postage within New Zealand - $295.00
- A2 including postage overseas - $355.00
- 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If you're not happy on receipt of an artwork, return it in orginal condition for a full refund
- I print on archival standard Hahnemuehle Matt Fine Art Paper 308 gsm using Epson archival K3 inks
- A2 - 594 x 420mm | A3 - 420 x 297mm
- Each print is hand titled and signed
- A2 and A3 prints are supplied inside a cellophane envelope with an acid-free cardboard backing board. They are then packed in cardboard for postage.
- Larger prints supplied in tubes.
- Pricing includes GST